Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dating Guys my Own Age and the Buggery of Facebook III

After some greasy chips and gravy I decided the only way to get through this without making 'Jamie' feel embarrassed would be to pretend that we were in a relationship. After all, it was the day before Christmas Eve.. my hands were tied - only the Grinch would break up with someone on Christmas. After the dust had settled and the sparkle from the Christmas tree had dimmed, I would handle it by giving 'Jamie' the break up he deserved.

As promised, 'Jamie' called after he finished work. He was depressed. 'Jamie' said: "I think I should tell you about my family... well, one Christmas my family had this huge fight and no one talk to each other any more.. but do not worry about me, I will be ok..But if it was not for you I would have been really depressed".

Oh NO!! Plan A. EPIC FAIL.

After playing the perfect girlfriend on the phone with 'Jamie' listening to and trying to understand his Christmas sorrow - I was moved and felt very empathetic to his story, however 'Jamie' was like a big emotional leach just slowly sucking all my courage out of me the longer I chatted with him. I wanted to help, I wanted to fix it...but I knew by doing that I was digging myself a bigger hole.

I couldn't help but think that if this relationship was not branded on Facebook it would of been a lot easier to dismiss as a breakdown in communication..if it's on Facebook it makes the relationship appear to be more official because it is publicised to your 120 or 850 closest 'friends' and family.

I needed a Plan B and a vodka & tonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment